We at IIHT, Champa, will educate the students to become enlightened professionals to lead the Textile Industry and the Society. We will provide individual attention and world class quality education in Handloom and Textile Technology and inculcate the value of Character building.
Our mission is to cater high quality technical and managerial man power for the Handloom and Textile industry and to undertake research and development programs for its sustainable growth and maintain close liaison with the industry to enable it to face the changing technological and environmental global challenges.
About the DH&TT Course
The Diploma in Handloom and Textile Technology is designed to cater Technical personnel to the Handloom and Textile Industry. It deals with the study of fibers, fabric structure and cloth analysis, Weaving Technology and Textile calculations, Chemical Processing with Dyeing and Printing, Computer Aided Textile Designing, Computer Colour Matching, Textile Testing and Quality control, Principles of Management & Entrepreneurship etc.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- To provide in depth understanding of all the theoretical, practical and applied aspects of Textile / Handloom Technology.
- To impart adequate practical skills in the field of weaving, dyeing and finishing & textile testing.
- To expose students to the industrial problem through in-house and Industrial projects.
- To impart thorough knowledge in computer Aided Textile Designing (CATD) and Computer Colour Matching (CCM). To promote scientific and creative learning.
- To prepare students for lateral entry in B. Tech – Textile related courses.
About Job Opportunities
Working conditions are generally good in the textile industry & Govt. sectors. Most employees work with machinery. The work is generally steady in the textile industry.